[eggheads-patches] PATCH1.7: cleanup_leftover_features.diff
guppy at techmonkeys.org
Sun Aug 12 03:07:00 CST 2001
Hey boys and girls (I lie, no girls) ...
- removed need-op, key, limit, unban, and invite in favour of bind
need -- MUCH MORE FLEXIBLE :P~ You don't have to worry about other scripters
changing your need settings and so on.
- removed init-server, connect-server in favour of bind evnt -- MUCH
MORE FLEXIBLE :P~ You don't have to worry about other scripters changing
your init-server/connect-server settings and so on.
- removed lowercase-ctcp and made bind ctcp accept wildcards again ..
Many irc clients these days take lowercase ctcp no problem (X-chat,
irsii, mirc, pirch, etc ...) and only a few don't (ircII, BX, ... mainly
things based off ircII) ... this also lets us re-enable mask matching on
bind ctcp, so that you can catch "ALL" ctcps using bind ctcp - * testproc ..
I'm sure alot of scripters will thank us since they normally have to use a
raw bind to accomplish the same thing. If you don't want us to answer
lowercase ctcp, give me very good reasons ... I can think of one right now,
bot detection and honestly, I'm not in the business of hiding bots.
- removed eggdrop.advanced.conf -- caused alot of confusion to users ...
helpers of #eggdrop I'm sure can agree with me on this one.
- also, I wouldn't mind renaming bind evnt to bind event .. but that is
for another day :P~ its 2:10am, night.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 55271 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Patches