Eggheads: Eggdrop v1.8.4 release candidate 1

Jonathan Rudolph simple at eggheads.org
Wed Dec 12 19:51:41 UTC 2018

Greetings Eggheads,

It has been just under 11 months since 1.8.3, and we are happy to
announce the first release candidate for Eggdrop v1.8.4! The major
changes in the release include:

* Lots of work on the compile process for less-commonly seen systems
(SunOS, DragonFly, etc), and making Eggdrop more compiler-friendly in
general
* Added and enhanced SSL/TLS warnings to make troubleshooting easier
* Raised the ban expiration limit from 1 year to 5 years, and added a
new %y field to +ban
* Lots of work on TLS bot links
* Improved/clarified botnet TLS documentation- go read it!
* Made TLS fingerprints persistent across a botnet after relinking
* Sterilized a LOT of small, lingering bugs.

We'd also like to welcome mortmann to the Eggheads team- a BIG piece
of what you're looking at for 1.8.4 is thanks to a lot of his hard
work in both finding and fixing a lot of issues in Eggdrop. Thank you
mortmann!

Please provide feedback on this release candidate via Issues or on
Freenode #eggdrop. If everyone stays off the naughty list, you'll have
1.8.4 stable for a Christmas present!

See the NEWS file for a rough overview of what changed, potential
incompatibilities and upgrade instructions. Or doc/Changes1.8 for a
full list of changes.

This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE, so we highly appreciate any testing and
bug reporting we can get. You can expect a follow-up release candidate
if necessary soon, or the final release of this version.

Please report bugs by visiting us on #eggdrop on the Freenode IRC
Network or by using https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/issues.

Happy compiling,
Eggheads Development Team

Downloads:
* Eggdrop v1.8.4rc1:
http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.4rc1.tar.gz
    (SHA256sum:
f6308641b181bf389ae15f636a574aa499cad05bc3ac70d83e6aad9bf98aa955)

* Signature: http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.4rc1.tar.gz.asc
    (SHA256sum:
27c000603765942ca104f596e6db20ab13124f69060c3fc26606f26d4bb11e31)

PGP key: https://www.eggheads.org/gpg/eggheads.pub