Eggheads: Eggdrop v1.8.1 Stable Release
simple at eggheads.org
Mon Mar 27 15:30:50 UTC 2017
We are now releasing Eggdrop version v1.8.1 as stable after mostly
uneventful release candidates. We decided to include the old
NEWS-1.8.0 file as UPGRADING-1.8 because it contains instructions on
how to upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8.x and those might still interest the
late adopters of 1.8.x! :-)
The major changes between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 are:
* Autobotchk: Added functionality improvements, allowing special
characters to be used in botnicks (and hence filenames), and made it
able to deal with split up configs that source further files.
* .who linkedbot output: Truncates long channel listings appropriately.
* eggdrop.conf: Update source code to match defaults given in Eggdrop
* Timer drifts: If your bot really gets frozen longer than 60 minutes,
it now shows times longer than 60 minutes.
* ./configure: Added an options summary at the end so you see which
Tcl version was used, and whether it found IPv6 and SSL files
* OpenSSL: A new version of OpenSSL broke our OpenSSL detection (the
hexstr2buf function) and we fixed that.
* Versioning: Moved previously hard-coded version strings to version.h
and update them via misc/setpatch instead of misc/addpatch. This also
fixes inconsistencies in setting the internal version integer.
* Bugs: A lot were cleaned up!
For the full list of changes see doc/Changes1.8.
You can follow development and report bugs on
https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop and/or visit us on #eggdrop on the
Freenode IRC Network.
Eggheads Development Team
* Eggdrop v1.8.1:
* Signature: http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.1.tar.gz.asc
PGP key: https://www.eggheads.org/gpg/eggheads.pub
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eggheads