Eggheads: Eggdrop v1.8.1 release candidates 1 and 2

Jonathan Rudolph simple at eggheads.org
Fri Mar 3 16:17:29 UTC 2017

Greetings Eggheads,

Building on our momentum after releasing v1.8.0, we are proud to
announce the second release candidate for v1.8.1! Second? Yes. Before
we were able to send the announcement for the rc1 release, an
installation breaking bug was found and fixed, so we are immediately
releasing rc2. Here is the original rc1 announcement:

For this release, we focused on some outstanding bug fixes and minor
functional updates. Here is a brief summary of the changes we made:

* Autobotchk - Added functionality improvements to the tried-and-true
autobotchk script, allowing characters such as {} and [] to be used in
filenames. Additionally, it can also now handle long botnetnicks for
pidfiles and check for additional sourced config files.
* .who linkedbot output - Truncates listings appropriately.
* eggdrop.conf - Update source code to match defaults given in Eggdrop
configuration file.
* Minutely hook - The minutely hook was only called for missed minutes
mod 60, now it is still listed in minutes but it can be greater than
60.
* Options summary - At the end of configure, Eggdrop now displays a
handy summary of basic options used during compile. It will display
the OS and Tcl version found, along with if TLS, IPv6 and SSL are
enabled.
* New OpenSSL version detection - A recent update to the OpenSSL libs
rendered some of our checks invalid, particularly the hexstr2buf call.
This is now fixed.
* Implemented version.h - Moved previously hard-coded version strings
to version.h and update them via misc/setpatch instead of
misc/addpatch. This also fixes inconsistencies in setting the internal
version integer.
* Compile cleanup - Fixed some compiler warnings.
* General bugfixes - Small code tweaks to eliminate some rare error conditions.

This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE, so we highly appreciate any testing and
bug reporting we can get. You can expect a follow-up release candidate
if necessary soon, or the final release of this version.

Please report bugs by visiting us on #eggdrop on the Freenode IRC
Network or by using https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/issues.

Happy compiling,
Eggheads Development Team

Downloads:
* Eggdrop v1.8.1rc2:
http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.1rc2.tar.gz
    (SHA256sum:
c5507fbb1f9dff9c2b0cd490754f6cb74efc75185332acf1779e3de9e38d31fc)

* Signature: http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.1rc2.tar.gz.asc
    (SHA256sum:
e5861fd42a7621c0638558843e27ea4b784da0ab3bf19456b342b40ff63cabc4)

PGP key: https://www.eggheads.org/gpg/eggheads.pub