Eggheads: Eggdrop 1.8.3 Release Candidate 1

Jonathan Rudolph simple at eggheads.org
Sat Dec 30 16:41:48 UTC 2017

Greetings Eggheads,

We are happy to announce the first release candidate for Eggdrop
v1.8.3! The major changes in the release include:

Significant work on many botnet features and bugs, to include
additional granularity in botnet traffic console flags, improved
logging, and some issues with SSL handshakes.
Additional error/sanity checks for user inputs with various commands
The addition of the .resetconsole command, to reset console flags to
the config file default

See the NEWS file for a rough overview of what changed, potential
incompatibilities and upgrade instructions. Or doc/Changes1.8 for a
full list of changes.

This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE, so we highly appreciate any testing and
bug reporting we can get. You can expect a follow-up release candidate
if necessary soon, or the final release of this version.

Please report bugs by visiting us on #eggdrop on the Freenode IRC
Network or by using https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/issues.

Happy compiling,
Eggheads Development Team

Downloads:
* Eggdrop v1.8.3rc1:
http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.3rc1.tar.gz
    (SHA256sum:
e3e454a84f19ad15ab2e2f20a763fc83ee4dfb9dd686a5d0895f6cea2b03ea21)

* Signature: http://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/source/1.8/eggdrop-1.8.3rc1.tar.gz.asc
    (SHA256sum:
2a339283768c3076dc79d850cef34fdf4194be5804e67e7eb639d44d886c94e6)

PGP key: https://www.eggheads.org/gpg/eggheads.pub