Eggheads: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44, Issue 2]

Andre L.Conti atiiss at netscape.net
Tue Nov 24 05:04:28 CST 2009


I'm not complaining about google.
I was complaining about "do not try here, in mailing list".

Sorry, for me, mailing list is for every one, from noobs at experts.
Like a programmer since 1983. MASM, BASIC*, dbase, c, shell, tcl/tk and, today, perl/sh/cgi for all my life i wrote open sources before of the existence this term.
Just a help, it's very important, help means learn and not something else, so, help is not a "search there".
I write tcl/tk and wrote tcls for eggdrop a lot. For anyone, just to help him/her. Maybe this let me upset.

> The problem you're describing (...) if you're interested: http://eggwiki.org/Threaded_TCL

So. That bug happened in some version of mandriva, with tcl8.4.11.
I don't use tcl8.5 or higher in my servers (only FreeBSD), in my home (it's a Linux, i don't know what linux, but is linux, sure) because there is a much bugs (clock and lists functions, e.g).
After TCL installed, i use a package.gz (my) for *.h (just extract in /?/include/).
I do it in fedora servers too, because, they don't have a headers installed (-devel) of TCL or i didn't found (i don't know, the time is ever running out).
Then, on linux kernel 2.6.x, arch x86, ethernet 10/100/1000, cable modem, processors dual 64, eggdrop-1.6.18, tcl8.4 and no firewall, the problem was fixed changing the DNSs servers that machine, from someone to opendns server:
208.67.220.220 and/or 208.67.222.222
I didn't recompiled the eggdrop. Just worked.


> May I repeat again: this is a discussion list.

Repeat is necessary for memorize, optimize and fixes. I don't care about.
Sorry, again. I don't will reply anymore, i just will read and change my eyes to forum and wiki.
And sorry my english too.

> Despite of this we already helped the guy, as we always try to do.

I hope so.

[]'s

--
eggheads-request at eggheads.org escreveu:
> Send Eggheads mailing list submissions to
>     eggheads at eggheads.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>     http://lists.eggheads.org/mailman/listinfo/eggheads
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>     eggheads-request at eggheads.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>     eggheads-owner at eggheads.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Eggheads digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1]
>       (Andre L.Conti)
>    2. Re: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1]
>       (Andre L.Conti)
>    3. Re: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1]
>       (plazmus)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:17:56 -0200
> From: "Andre L.Conti" <atiiss at netscape.net>
> To: eggheads at eggheads.org
> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44,
>     Issue 1]
> Message-ID: <4B084AF4.5080407 at netscape.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> I saw that in the eggdrop 1.6.18 on AMD Athlon 64 dual core 5600 with ethernet card 10/100/1000 cable modem and not behind firewall.
> It's seem a connection (gbps) or/on DNS server. Really, i dunno.
> Try adding a jump command in CONF file, after 10 seconds. Add this line below in the end of CONF file:
> 
> utimer 10 jump
> 
> Maybe it crash the egg by procedure duplicate.
> Or try changing your DNS server. I used the OpenDNS and it fixed the problem.
> 
> --
> eggheads-request at eggheads.org escreveu:
>> Send Eggheads mailing list submissions to
>>     eggheads at eggheads.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>     http://lists.eggheads.org/mailman/listinfo/eggheads
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>     eggheads-request at eggheads.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>     eggheads-owner at eggheads.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Eggheads digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Problem wih debian (contato at linksoft.com.br)
>>    2. Re: Problem wih debian (Taz_devil)
>>    3. Re: Problem wih debian (Rumen Stoyanov)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:14:07 -0200
>> From: <contato at linksoft.com.br>
>> To: eggheads at eggheads.org
>> Subject: Eggheads: Problem wih debian
>> Message-ID: <bb991ded607264dd320a1b6107acfbb0 at linksoft.com.br>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>>
>> I has one server with debian5 so i can't run a eggdrop 1.6.19 with -m the
>> eggdrop only connect in the irc server with i run with -n . Why ?
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 02:24:50 +0200
>> From: Taz_devil <kam3nbg at gmail.com>
>> To: contato at linksoft.com.br, eggheads at eggheads.org
>> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Problem wih debian
>> Message-ID:
>>     <8068f7a80911201624p62864a22p8c80ba352918882 at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Read this http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=15805 and next time use
>> Google!
>>
>> Taz_devil
>>
>> 2009/11/21 <contato at linksoft.com.br>
>>
>>> I has one server with debian5 so i can't run a eggdrop 1.6.19 with -m the
>>> eggdrop only connect in the irc server with i run with -n . Why ?
>>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:56:22 -0200
> From: "Andre L.Conti" <atiiss at netscape.net>
> To: eggheads at eggheads.org
> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44,
>     Issue 1]
> Message-ID: <4B0853F6.80103 at netscape.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> Only now i see about forum.egghelp.org, topic 15805, posted here by Taz_devil.
> Well. This problem or bug occur with tcl8.4, too, so, changing the DNS server fixed my problem.
> 
> But, now... For what this mailing list is worth?
> A guy ask sometinhg and:
> * See google
> * this list is not for questions about this
> * see it
> * see that
> * not here
> * try there...
> 
> So, for what this mailing list exist?
> 
> 1 email per month, a remembering.
> 
> If i have a doubt about eggdrop and i has a patience to subscribe here, was because is the first way.
> Another people maybe digest this and learn too. Or not?
> If not, put a link in website->This mailling list is a joke. Don't subscribe, try google!
> 
> geez.......
> 
> --
>> I saw that in the eggdrop 1.6.18 on AMD Athlon 64 dual core 5600 with ethernet card 10/100/1000 cable modem and not behind firewall.
>> It's seem a connection (gbps) or/on DNS server. Really, i dunno.
>> Try adding a jump command in CONF file, after 10 seconds. Add this line below in the end of CONF file:
>>
>> utimer 10 jump
>>
>> Maybe it crash the egg by procedure duplicate.
>> Or try changing your DNS server. I used the OpenDNS and it fixed the problem.
>>
>> --
>> eggheads-request at eggheads.org escreveu:
>>> Send Eggheads mailing list submissions to
>>>     eggheads at eggheads.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>     http://lists.eggheads.org/mailman/listinfo/eggheads
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>     eggheads-request at eggheads.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>     eggheads-owner at eggheads.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of Eggheads digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>    1. Problem wih debian (contato at linksoft.com.br)
>>>    2. Re: Problem wih debian (Taz_devil)
>>>    3. Re: Problem wih debian (Rumen Stoyanov)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:14:07 -0200
>>> From: <contato at linksoft.com.br>
>>> To: eggheads at eggheads.org
>>> Subject: Eggheads: Problem wih debian
>>> Message-ID: <bb991ded607264dd320a1b6107acfbb0 at linksoft.com.br>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>>>
>>> I has one server with debian5 so i can't run a eggdrop 1.6.19 with -m the
>>> eggdrop only connect in the irc server with i run with -n . Why ?
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 02:24:50 +0200
>>> From: Taz_devil <kam3nbg at gmail.com>
>>> To: contato at linksoft.com.br, eggheads at eggheads.org
>>> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Problem wih debian
>>> Message-ID:
>>>     <8068f7a80911201624p62864a22p8c80ba352918882 at mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Read this http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=15805 and next time use
>>> Google!
>>>
>>> Taz_devil
>>>
>>> 2009/11/21 <contato at linksoft.com.br>
>>>
>>>> I has one server with debian5 so i can't run a eggdrop 1.6.19 with -m the
>>>> eggdrop only connect in the irc server with i run with -n . Why ?
>>>>
>>>
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:55:27 +0200
> From: plazmus <pseudo at egg6.net>
> To: Eggdrop Discussion List <eggheads at eggheads.org>
> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Problem wih debian [Eggheads Digest, Vol 44,
>     Issue 1]
> Message-ID: <1a8b446f98b76c7ff5079b959a81e8ca at localhost>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> 
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:56:22 -0200, "Andre L.Conti" <atiiss at netscape.net>
> wrote:
>> Only now i see about forum.egghelp.org, topic 15805, posted here by
>> Taz_devil.
>> Well. This problem or bug occur with tcl8.4, too, so, changing the DNS
>> server fixed my problem.
> 
> The problem you're describing has been related to dns resolution failures
> which would certainly prevent it from connecting to irc. The symptoms may
> look similar, but the issue now is different. Look at the
> URL I posted, if you're interested: http://eggwiki.org/Threaded_TCL
> 
>> But, now... For what this mailing list is worth?
>> A guy ask sometinhg and:
>> * See google
>> * this list is not for questions about this
>> * see it
>> * see that
>> * not here
>> * try there...
>>
>> So, for what this mailing list exist?
>>
> 
> The purpose of the mailing list is clearly described on it's info page:
> http://lists.eggheads.org/mailman/listinfo/eggheads
> "This list is intended for discussion about all aspects of Eggdrop
> (current versions only please). It is intended for users who know what
> they
> are doing but we will tolerate newbie questions to a certain extent."
> 
>> 1 email per month, a remembering.
>>
>> If i have a doubt about eggdrop and i has a patience to subscribe here,
>> was because is the first way.
>> Another people maybe digest this and learn too. Or not?
>> If not, put a link in website->This mailling list is a joke. Don't
>> subscribe, try google!
>>
>> geez.......
>>
>> --
> May I repeat again: this is a discussion list. Despite of this we already
> helped the guy, as we always try to do.
> I don't understand what's so offensive in suggesting somebody to use
> Google sometimes.. What are you complaining about?
> 
> 
> End of Eggheads Digest, Vol 44, Issue 2
> ***************************************
> 



More information about the Eggheads mailing list