Eggheads: Re: Eggheads Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4

atiiss at netscape.net atiiss at netscape.net
Thu Mar 6 10:39:46 CST 2008


Commands chanset, on PL, don't use {}
Just: .chanset #channel command options

..chanset #minihouse need-key putquick "JOIN #minihouse wijzijndebaas"

..chanset #minihouse +statuslog
..chanset #minihouse need-op putserv "chanserv op #minihouse $botnick"
etc
Use {} only in config file.
In config file, do not use variables!
need-op {putserv "chanserv op #minihouse NickOfBOT"}

If you have access on PL before, just type your nick and your password on telnet.
If not, type NEW to create one.

[]'s

--
eggheads-request at eggheads.org escreveu:
> Send Eggheads mailing list submissions to
>     eggheads at eggheads.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>     http://www.eggheads.org/mailman/listinfo/eggheads
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>     eggheads-request at eggheads.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>     eggheads-owner at eggheads.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Eggheads digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re: Can't get Eggdrop up and running, missing some
>       configuration (Mark Veenstra)
>    2. Re: Can't get Eggdrop up and running, missing some
>       configuration (Mark Veenstra)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:50:14 +0100
> From: Mark Veenstra <belgie at markinthedark.nl>
> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Can't get Eggdrop up and running, missing some
>     configuration
> To: Eggdrop Discussion List <eggheads at eggheads.org>
> Message-ID: <1204815014.5928.83.camel at MHNOTE15.home.minihouse.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I think I see what I am doing wrong. Listen up:
> 
> In the eggdrop.conf I have set the owner to to user "markdark". When I
> did telnet the first time it said: Type 'NEW' if you are new. So I typed
> NEW. When I tried to enter the username "markdark" it said it is already
> token. So I choosed to use the name "mark" with a password. But this is
> not the owner. When I try to login with telnet with the username
> "markdark" it says you need to set a password. How do i do this?
> 
> Mark
> 
> 
> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 15:44 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Mark
> Veenstra:
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is the output:
>>
>> ==========================
>> [bot at gateway eggdrop]$ telnet localhost 65500
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>
>> Nickname.
>> (If you are new, enter 'NEW' here.)
>> ..whois markdark
>> You don't have access.
>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>> ==========================
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 16:36 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses:
>>
>>> Eggdrop .help says you need to be an owner to be able to use this
>>> command. Paste here the output of .whois yourhandle
>>>
>>> Mark Veenstra wrote: 
>>>
>>>> I can't telnet yet from outside of the network. My bot is behind a
>>>> firewall. Maybe this is something that is going wrong?
>>>>
>>>> But when I telnet to the bot on the server and enter the .chanset
>>>> command it says this:
>>>>
>>>> ==================================
>>>> Have fun.
>>>>
>>>> Commands start with '.' (like '.quit' or '.help')
>>>> Everything else goes out to the party line.
>>>>
>>>> You have no messages.
>>>> *** mark joined the party line.
>>>> ...chanset #minihouse need-key {putquick "JOIN #minihouse
>>>> wijzijndebaas"}
>>>> What?  You need '.help'
>>>> ==================================
>>>>
>>>> It looks like it doesn't know the command.
>>>>
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 16:05 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>>>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses: 
>>>>
>>>>> Can you telnet in to the bot and see what happens when you send a ctcp
>>>>> chat request to the bot? Also, if you can telnet in, you can type the
>>>>> ..chanset command there too.
>>>>>
>>>>> Tolga
>>>>>
>>>>> Mark Veenstra wrote:
>>>>>> The bot doesn't accept any chats I think:
>>>>>> 15:01 DCC CHAT request sent to minihouse: chat
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't get any chat.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mark
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 15:48 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>>>>>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Mark Veenstra wrote:
>>>>>>>> Felix,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I am sorry, but where do you want me to do the command:
>>>>>>>> .chanset #channel need-key {putquick "JOIN #channel key"}
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> You said I had to do this on the partyline, but what does that mean?
>>>>>>>> When I am in a private chat of the bot, and I type the command, the
>>>>>>>> bot doesn't do anything
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Mark
>>>>>>> /dcc chat /botname/ or /ctcp /botname /chat. Enter your handle and
>>>>>>> password, you're in the partyline.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Tolga
>>>>>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 12:12 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Felix
>>>>>>>> Kunsmann:
>>>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Mark Veenstra schrieb:
>>>>>>>>>> Thanks. I edited this and the bot is up and running in one channel.. But 
>>>>>>>>>> I don't see the bot in the channel that is password protected. In the 
>>>>>>>>>> example configuration I can't find any help about how to add the bot in 
>>>>>>>>>> a password protected channel. How do I do this?
>>>>>>>>> Use the following command at partyline:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> .chanset #channel need-key {putquick "JOIN #channel key"}
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> The second problem I run into is that when I typ '/msg botname hello' 
>>>>>>>>>> the bot doesn't say anything. It should set me as an owner I thought 
>>>>>>>>>> when I do this?
>>>>>>>>> Tried telnet'ing the bot?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Gruss,
>>>>>>>>> Felix 'kunsi' Kunsmann
>>>>>>>>>     
>>>>>>>>>         
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> M. Tolga Ozses
>>>>>>> Bilgi Teknolojisi
>>>>>>> Sabanci Universitesi
>>>>>>> Orhanli 34956 Tuzla
>>>>>>> Istanbul
>>>>>>> Tel: (216) 483 91 98
>>>>>>> Web: http://people.sabanciuniv..edu/mtozses <http://people.sabanciuniv...edu/mtozses>
>>>>>>>     
>>>>>     
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> M. Tolga Ozses
>>> Bilgi Teknolojisi
>>> Sabanci Universitesi
>>> Orhanli 34956 Tuzla
>>> Istanbul
>>> Tel: (216) 483 91 98
>>> Web: http://people.sabanciuniv.edu/mtozses
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://eggheads.org/pipermail/eggheads/attachments/20080306/c218d54a/attachment-0001.htm
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:58:40 +0100
> From: Mark Veenstra <belgie at markinthedark.nl>
> Subject: Re: Eggheads: Can't get Eggdrop up and running, missing some
>     configuration
> To: Eggdrop Discussion List <eggheads at eggheads.org>
> Message-ID: <1204815520.5928.87.camel at MHNOTE15.home.minihouse.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Password is set now. When I telnet to the bot and login with the owners
> pass, I can do much more then before. But when I try the .chanset
> command like posted before I get an 'invalid':
> 
> ==========================
> ..chanset #minihouse need-key {putquick "JOIN #minihouse pass"}
> Successfully set modes { need-key { {putquick "JOIN #minihouse
> pass"} } } on #minihouse.
> [15:54] #markdark# chanset #minihouse need-key { {putquick "JOIN
> #minihouse pass"} }
> [15:55] Tcl error in script for 'need-key':
> [15:55] invalid command name "putquick "JOIN #minihouse pass""
> ==========================
> 
> Thanks so far. Anyone any ideas why the invalid comes? And is it
> possible to add the channel key in the configuration so that the next
> time I restart the bot, the bot automatically signes into the channel
> with the key?
> 
> Mark
> 
> 
> 
> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 15:50 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Mark
> Veenstra:
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I see what I am doing wrong. Listen up:
>>
>> In the eggdrop.conf I have set the owner to to user "markdark". When I
>> did telnet the first time it said: Type 'NEW' if you are new. So I
>> typed NEW. When I tried to enter the username "markdark" it said it is
>> already token. So I choosed to use the name "mark" with a password.
>> But this is not the owner. When I try to login with telnet with the
>> username "markdark" it says you need to set a password. How do i do
>> this?
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>
>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 15:44 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Mark
>> Veenstra:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is the output:
>>>
>>> ==========================
>>> [bot at gateway eggdrop]$ telnet localhost 65500
>>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>>> Connected to localhost.
>>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>>
>>> Nickname.
>>> (If you are new, enter 'NEW' here.)
>>> ..whois markdark
>>> You don't have access.
>>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>>> ==========================
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 16:36 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses:
>>>
>>>> Eggdrop .help says you need to be an owner to be able to use this
>>>> command. Paste here the output of .whois yourhandle
>>>>
>>>> Mark Veenstra wrote: 
>>>>
>>>>> I can't telnet yet from outside of the network. My bot is behind
>>>>> a firewall. Maybe this is something that is going wrong?
>>>>>
>>>>> But when I telnet to the bot on the server and enter
>>>>> the .chanset command it says this:
>>>>>
>>>>> ==================================
>>>>> Have fun.
>>>>>
>>>>> Commands start with '.' (like '.quit' or '.help')
>>>>> Everything else goes out to the party line.
>>>>>
>>>>> You have no messages.
>>>>> *** mark joined the party line.
>>>>> ...chanset #minihouse need-key {putquick "JOIN #minihouse
>>>>> wijzijndebaas"}
>>>>> What?  You need '.help'
>>>>> ==================================
>>>>>
>>>>> It looks like it doesn't know the command.
>>>>>
>>>>> Mark
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 16:05 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>>>>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses: 
>>>>>
>>>>>> Can you telnet in to the bot and see what happens when you send a ctcp
>>>>>> chat request to the bot? Also, if you can telnet in, you can type the
>>>>>> ..chanset command there too.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tolga
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mark Veenstra wrote:
>>>>>>> The bot doesn't accept any chats I think:
>>>>>>> 15:01 DCC CHAT request sent to minihouse: chat
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I don't get any chat.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Mark
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 15:48 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
>>>>>>> Muzaffer Tolga Ozses:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Mark Veenstra wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Felix,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I am sorry, but where do you want me to do the command:
>>>>>>>>> .chanset #channel need-key {putquick "JOIN #channel key"}
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> You said I had to do this on the partyline, but what does that mean?
>>>>>>>>> When I am in a private chat of the bot, and I type the command, the
>>>>>>>>> bot doesn't do anything
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Mark
>>>>>>>> /dcc chat /botname/ or /ctcp /botname /chat. Enter your handle and
>>>>>>>> password, you're in the partyline.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Tolga
>>>>>>>>> Op donderdag 06-03-2008 om 12:12 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Felix
>>>>>>>>> Kunsmann:
>>>>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Mark Veenstra schrieb:
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks. I edited this and the bot is up and running in one channel.. But 
>>>>>>>>>>> I don't see the bot in the channel that is password protected.. In the 
>>>>>>>>>>> example configuration I can't find any help about how to add the bot in 
>>>>>>>>>>> a password protected channel. How do I do this?
>>>>>>>>>> Use the following command at partyline:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> .chanset #channel need-key {putquick "JOIN #channel key"}
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> The second problem I run into is that when I typ '/msg botname hello' 
>>>>>>>>>>> the bot doesn't say anything. It should set me as an owner I thought 
>>>>>>>>>>> when I do this?
>>>>>>>>>> Tried telnet'ing the bot?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Gruss,
>>>>>>>>>> Felix 'kunsi' Kunsmann
>>>>>>>>>>     
>>>>>>>>>>         
>>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>>> M. Tolga Ozses
>>>>>>>> Bilgi Teknolojisi
>>>>>>>> Sabanci Universitesi
>>>>>>>> Orhanli 34956 Tuzla
>>>>>>>> Istanbul
>>>>>>>> Tel: (216) 483 91 98
>>>>>>>> Web: http://people.sabanciuniv..edu/mtozses <http://people.sabanciuniv...edu/mtozses>
>>>>>>>>     
>>>>>>     
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> M. Tolga Ozses
>>>> Bilgi Teknolojisi
>>>> Sabanci Universitesi
>>>> Orhanli 34956 Tuzla
>>>> Istanbul
>>>> Tel: (216) 483 91 98
>>>> Web: http://people.sabanciuniv.edu/mtozses
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://eggheads.org/pipermail/eggheads/attachments/20080306/ef8eef65/attachment.htm
> 
> End of Eggheads Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4
> ***************************************
> 




More information about the Eggheads mailing list