Eggheads: Can't get Eggdrop up and running, missing some configuration

Mark Veenstra belgie at markinthedark.nl
Thu Mar 6 04:48:31 CST 2008

Hello,

I am new to Eggdrop and want to add a bot to our IRC channel from work.
The channel is located at the server irc.ubuntu.org. Channel is
#minihouse and is private with a password. I went through to whol
configuration, but I am still missing something. When I start Eggdrop I
see the following:

[bot at gateway eggdrop]$ ./eggdrop minihouse.conf

Eggdrop v1.6.18 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2006 Eggheads
[11:34] Listening at telnet port 65500 (all).
[11:34] * Please make sure you edit your config file completely.

What Eggdrop is saying looks clear, because I missed something. But when
I look trhough the configuration I don't see what I am missing or what I
am doing wrong. Could someone help me? My eggdrop configuration can be
found here: http://www.markinthedark.nl/minihouse.conf

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mark