Eggheads: accepting commands in UTF

Derek Kuliсski takeda at takeda.tk
Fri Mar 3 12:20:19 CST 2006

Hello CoolCold,

Friday, March 3, 2006, 5:22:08 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Eggdrop,

>   Someone used eggdrop in UTF environment?
>   I'm firing trigger with parameter that is in UTF-8 and has strange
>   problem, example:
> [15:57:11] <Asian_Papillon> !t С'РчР>РчС"Р?Р?
> and what i c in partyline:
> [15:57:11] <irobot> [15:58] query is B5;5D>=

> As you can see query has 14 characters length, but putlog reported
> only 7 characters length string. Looks like eggdrop trancate input
> string and  then give it to tcl interpetator.

> Have any ideas?

You didn't told us how the script looks like.

Anyway eggdrop currently don't have any UTF-8 support....

 Derek                            mailto:takeda at takeda.tk
CCNA, SCSA, SCNA, LPIC, MCP certified
http://www.takeda.tk

.....the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system.
-- Bill Gates