Eggheads: problem with who request/getchanhostcommand

Anonymous aim-style at web.de
Wed Mar 23 18:42:35 CST 2005

hi

I got a problem. Here a very small and esay tcl script.

bind pub m|- \$who who:chan:send
proc who:chan:send { nickname hostname handle channel arguments } {
 putserv "WHO #mychannel %nacrihf"
 return 1
}
bind raw - 354 reply:who
proc reply:who { from key text } {
 putlog "1: $from - 2: $key - 3: $text"
 return 1
}

It`s only the important part. Code will be contine for sure but that`s enugh to show the problem.

Before i load this script i can type on partyline:
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost MyNickname]"
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost BotNickname]"
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost anyoneelse]"
it will return: standard-ident at my.standard.hostname
it`s all ok.

After i load this script and execute it while typing $who in any channels i am this will affect that:
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost MyNickname]"
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost BotNickname]"
.tcl set test50 "[getchanhost anyoneelse]"
will return: 127.0.0.1 at my.standard.hostname.

I use quakenet. Latest news can be found at: http://www.quakenet.org/ ,about the serverupdates, Asuka 1.2.1 and "USERIP will return 127.0.0.1 (as will WHOX) for all users other than you."

I think the network i use and those changes will effect this problem because some time ago the script worked without any problems. It`s a bug? Is a error in my code? Or i need any patches/updates now?