Eggheads: About botchk

Ronny Vårdal ting at runbox.no
Fri Jan 21 21:31:06 CST 2005

Dariusz Kulinski skrev:
> Hello Ronny,
>
> Friday, January 21, 2005, 9:27:51 AM, you wrote:
>

>>I've had a problem on a given server (viper.shellcity.no), that my bots
>>that were crontab'd, did spawn duplicates all the time - despite a
>>running bot present.
>

>>Their forum tells me to modify the botnick.botchk file, and supress the
>>first line (the #!/bin/sh or whatever), with this one:
>>#!/usr/local/bin/bash2
>

>>Now, I don't see the connection between "sh" and "bash2" but then again
>>I'm not a linux expert.
>

>>Have anyone else seen this solution? Should the autobotchk script that
>>follows eggdrop in that case be updated to handle this?
>

>>The server in question is:
>>FreeBSD viper.shellcity.no 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #11: Wed Jan  5
>>22:35:44 CET 2005
>>ftpman at viper.shellcity.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VIPER i386
>

>>Anything else you would like to know, tell me.
>

> what does
> limit (if you use tcsh shell)
> or ulimit -a (if you use bash)
>
> say?

(04:30:14 <ting at viper.shellcity.no:~>) $ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) 32768
file size             (blocks, -f) 102400
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 32768
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) 32768
open files                    (-n) 150
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 1
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 32768
cpu time             (seconds, -t) 7200
max user processes            (-u) 30
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) 32768

> If you're interested you can try it:
> http://www.takeda.tk/site/.preview/tkdbotchk-2.0-p2.tar.gz
>
> To install it you should extract that archive to eggdrop directory and
> follow the instructions in README file.
>
> If more people would be interested I might work more on it and made it
> publicly available.

I will try it out if this new thing my admin told me to use, also fails.
Thanks ;-)

--

Ronny Vårdal

NORID Handle: RV138P-NORID
Email:        ting at runbox.no
Web:          http://my.floppy.no
GPG:          0x3B12B97E

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                                  (George Bernard Shaw)