Eggheads: About botchk

Ronny Vårdal ting at runbox.no
Fri Jan 21 11:27:51 CST 2005

I've had a problem on a given server (viper.shellcity.no), that my bots
that were crontab'd, did spawn duplicates all the time - despite a
running bot present.

Their forum tells me to modify the botnick.botchk file, and supress the
first line (the #!/bin/sh or whatever), with this one:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash2

Now, I don't see the connection between "sh" and "bash2" but then again
I'm not a linux expert.

Have anyone else seen this solution? Should the autobotchk script that
follows eggdrop in that case be updated to handle this?

The server in question is:
FreeBSD viper.shellcity.no 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #11: Wed Jan  5
22:35:44 CET 2005 ftpman at viper.shellcity.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VIPER i386

Anything else you would like to know, tell me.

--

Ronny Vårdal

NORID Handle: RV138P-NORID
Email:        ting at runbox.no
Web:          http://my.floppy.no
GPG:          0x3B12B97E

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                                  (George Bernard Shaw)