Eggheads: suggestion

Simon Kain coolsi at crazie.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 12:56:30 CST 2005

Hello.

1. I quite like this idea.

2. The trouble is with this is that an eggdrop would have to be written
to do this to every IRC network. Far easier is to write a TCL ban script
which can do this, then you can have it set up to match
*.users.quakenet.org etc.

3. Using an authnick to identify users isn't as secure as using
hostmasks - if someone finds out a user's auth password and auths to
their account, then they can gain access to the eggdrop. Using a
hostmask, only someone using their connection can access the eggdrop.

- Simon Kain
coolsi at crazie.co.uk