Eggheads: Weird problems connecting to server

Dariusz Kulinski takeda at eggheads.w.pl
Wed Sep 22 22:42:55 CST 2004

Hello Daniel,

[...]

> [22:10] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: 127.0.0.1
> (Connection timed out)
> I just think this is extremely odd because I can connect to
> the same servers that the eggdrop is timing out on using a normal IRC client
> such as Epic.  Does anybody know any setting in the configuration file
> that could be causing these timeouts?  Should it be saying Closing Link:
> 127.0.0.1? This problem has been giving me some grief for a while, and I #8217;m
> running out of hair to pull out.  Any hints or words of encouragement
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

That 127.0.0.1 is really weird...

What's even more weird is that whatever is after minus is what server
said, so server belives you're connecting from 127.0.0.1.

Are you running IRCd on your freebsd, or are you connecting through
some proxy?

Please change setting raw-log to 1 i.e.:
set raw-log 1

Then when you connect to bot write:
.console +rv

And tell us what do you see