Eggheads: Big bug in 1.6.17 linking to older eggdrops.

Paul Hilling p.hilling at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 12:29:05 CST 2004

I don't know if this is the place to report this or not, but I've noticed
this on more than a couple of occasions now.

OK.. Say you have Bot R2D2, running 1.6.17, it's set to hub, you give it the
flags +bfo.

Eggdrop v1.6.17 automatically gives +l (for 1/2 op cos logically an op is
also a 1/2 op), so it's final flags become +bflo.

Say you link a leaf bot C-3PO (from another botnet, so you can't update it),
but it's running an older version of eggdrop 1.6.15 (it also does this on
1.6.16 to, I don't know about earlier versions, but I do assume they are
affected as well).

You give C-3PO the +bfo flags in R2D2 which become +bflo cos of the 1.6.17
adding the +l

They link.. and all goes well.. until..

[6:50 pm] <C-3PO> *** Disconnected from: R2D2 (unleaflike behavior) (lost 1
bots and 0 users)

They'll then continually connect and unlink every few minutes, citing the
unleaflike behaviour.

Somewhere in the grand scheme of things, the 1.6.16 (and under) bots see the
+l flag as the botattr flag +l and not the .chattr +l it's supposed to be.

Setting the 1.6.16 (and under) bot as the hub, and removing the +l, works
fine.  But the other way around does not.

Comments?

--
Paul Hilling

No computer components were harmed during the creation of this e-mail,
however several billion electrons were abused to ensure its safe delivery.