Eggheads: Nick keeps changing on splits

BarkerJr barkerjr at barkerjr.net
Wed Oct 13 11:34:51 CST 2004

> I've been having a strange problem the last couple of weeks with my bot.
> Whenever a split happens on undernet, my bot will come back as iph584383
> or some other variant of iph<insert some random numbers>.

I'm pretty sure that means that you have some anti-collision script installed.
What the script does is it randomly changes nicknames for a certain ammount of
time if it sees anyone get killed for nick collisions.

Since undernet uses TS, you do not need this script.  A couple older networks
have issues with nick collisions, but undernet is not one of them.