Eggheads: Eggdrop 1.6.16 Released!
wcc at techmonkeys.org
Mon May 31 15:58:22 CST 2004
Eggdrop 1.6.16 has been released! You can download it from
http://www.geteggdrop.com, or http://www.eggheads.org/downloads/.
Some of the major changes in this release are:
* IPv6 protocol support has been removed. It was poorly
implemented in 1.6.15, and it will be done correctly in a
You can still connect to an IPv6 server using 6tunnel.
6tunnel -s VHOST LOCALPORT IRCSERVER PORT
Then, in your config file, make the bot connect to localhost
on the specified port.
* Many, many bugfixes.
* The eggdrop binary is no longer stripped during the compile
process. This will make bug reports more useful to the
development team, and ultimately will help for a more stable
bot. You can still use ./configure --enable-strip to enable
stripping, which will create a smaller binary.
* Several more functions have been exported for use by module
* Support for non-x86 platforms and uncommon improved.
doc/COMPILING-FAQ has been updated, and now contains a compile
guide, which will be updated in versions to come as Eggdrop is
tested on more platforms.
* Support for +E/+I modes on EFnet has been added.
* The hand2idx Tcl command works for bots now.
* Added a new Tcl EVNT bind type, "userfile-loaded", which is
called after the bot's userfile has been loaded.
* All users can now .whois their own handle.
* Better support for Mac OS X. This is still not perfect. If you
have a Mac OS X box and experience any problems, please let us
* Better support for non-standard "op" prefixes There is now a
config file option named "opchars", which will allow you to
configure what prefixes the bot will consider an op.
The default is: set opchars "@"
This will make Eggdrop recognize users with the "@" prefix in
a WHO reply as an op. If you set this to "@&~", users with the
"@", "&", or "~" prefix will be recognized as an op.
* Tcl 8.5 alpha is now correctly detected.
* A long-present bug has been fixed in dnslookup, having to do
with the concatenation of its arguments. It now works the way
it has always been documented in tcl-commands.doc. This could
possibly create problems with some scripts.
* A security flaw reported to bugtraq recently, related to bot
linking, has been corrected.
* Updated Undernet nicklen to 12.
See the UPDATES1.6 file in the doc directory for more information on
things that have changed since Eggdrop 1.6.15.
Thanks to everyone who tested RC1 and CVS and reported bugs.
More information about the Eggheads