Eggheads: WEIRD BUG [signed]

Joker Joker at alwicom.net
Thu Jul 15 19:30:47 CST 2004

Hi, recently I tryed the latest cvs version of the stable branch
(eggdrop1.6.17) cause the
version .16 is very unstable for me it crash often.

But I found a weird bug in the cvs version, as soon the bots links and got
shared they unlinks very often
with this msg: 'unleaflike behavior', I never had this problem and non of
my tcl cause it.

After some tests I found out the possible reason, that is related with the
introduction of this patch:

- Op (+o) implies halfop (+l) now.
* Patch by: darko``

Doing a match to my userlist I saw every user that had +o have include a +l
also too, but the problem is
that even the bots have all become +l and it seems for an unknown reason
that have the a
bot flagged +l "conflicts" with the corrispondent "+l may not link other
bots" that should be a bot only flag,
that is given with a .botattr; but since the behaviour is the same the
trouble must be there.

Btw I see no reason that a bot should implies to get +l (halfop), I think
this flag should be restricted only for
an user, halfop has a purpose only for humans, a bot has the right to stay
op since they have a different "job" to do.

Cya

[-JoKeR-]  ..:.1998 - http://www.avatarcorp.org - 2004.:..

--