Eggheads: script devel

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Fri Feb 20 14:49:57 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:47:59PM -0000, hERB wrote:
> Maybe:
>
> bind pub - !some some
>
> proc some {nick idx handle channel}{
> putnotc $nick "Whatever"
> }

Nope. I tried the fancy version first (mesg the nick who sent the
message), but then I just hardcoded my own nick.

I did try the above... note that "}{" appears to be invalid tcl
syntax. I see it in lots of eggdrop scripts and always have to fix it
or the scripts won't load (or sometimes they do, and that's even more
confusing).

But after fixing that, I still get no message from the bot. Odd, no?

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

 - Benjamin Franklin, 1759