Eggheads: Problems with stopnethack

Dariusz Kulinski takeda at eggheads.w.pl
Sat Aug 28 15:49:05 CST 2004

Hello Darko,

Saturday, August 28, 2004, 8:56:30 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Ronny,

> That's a relic from the days when IRC servers did not now about TS (well
> unfortunantly one particular network still doesn't seem to advance to
> 21st century). Nowdays servers prevent net-riding, so you may disable
> stopnethack altogether. Just to clarify this for you, is/was op test
> fails because, for all bot can see, that is a *new* user - the old one
> parted away. If the host remained the same, then yes, tests would work.

well, that network "which didn't advance to 21st century" thinks that TS
is wrong, currently they implementing different solution (servers
which are splitted don't give op to people who create new channels, on
nick collision instead of killing clients, servers change nicks to
unique numbers, and to solve problems with opless channels +R flag is
added which accepts same hostmasks which b/e/I does.

 Dariusz                            mailto:takeda at eggheads.w.pl
CCNA, SCSA, SCNA, LPIC, MCP certified
http://www.takeda.tk