Eggheads: A putslow ?

Draco Paladin paladin at techmonkeys.org
Wed Aug 25 19:03:52 CST 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:51:57AM +1000, Dathi Oxencroft wrote:
> I'm looking for ideas on how to queue up potentially a large number of
> messages, and feed them out 1 per X seconds (probably 45 or 60). While I am
> reasonably competent with TCL, I'm stumped on ways to achieve this.

Off the top of my head:

Have a global list you add lines to that you want to send.  Have a timer
or TIME bind that runs a proc that removes the first line from the list,
sends it, then sets a timer again to call the proc X number of seconds
later.  Your other procs can then just add lines to this list.

--
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
(Against stupidity, even the Gods struggle in vain.)