Eggheads: Eggdrop 1.6.17 Released!
wcc at techmonkeys.org
Mon Aug 23 08:30:19 CST 2004
Eggdrop 1.6.17 has been released! You can download it from
http://www.geteggdrop.com, or http://www.eggheads.org/downloads/.
Some of the major changes in this release are:
* The compiling errors (and the crash) that were discovered
shortly after 1.6.16 was released are now fixed.
* We now compile (with modules!) on Mac OS X and NeXT Step.
Note that there still may be issues with the DNS module, but
we were unable to reproduce them.
* An improved Compiling Guide / FAQ in doc/COMPILE-GUIDE.
* Many improvements to the build/compile process.
* Added a "stripcodes" Tcl command for efficiantly removing control
codes from strings (see doc/tcl-commands.doc).
* Several bugfixes.
* Op (+o) implies halfop (+l) now.
A note about this one:
Due to a bug in versions of Eggdrop prior to this one, these
versions see the +l user flag and the +l bot flag as
one-and-the-same. On botnets with userfile sharing, this can
cause old bots to incorrectly think that every halfop'd bot
is a leaf. If you experiance problems, upgrade your bots to
1.6.17, as this is a bug in 1.6.16 and earlier.
* Added support for Quakenet channel modes.
* Added a set of Finnish language files and a Finnish MOTD.
* Fixed Tcl encoding issues with .tcl and .set.
* Detect Tcl in $HOME/lib and $HOME/tcl/lib first, as to make it
easier to allow users to override the system's Tcl version.
* Bot idx's are now considered valid to the "valididx" Tcl command.
See the UPDATES1.6 file in the doc directory for more information on
things that have changed since Eggdrop 1.6.16.
As some of you may know, this is my last 1.6 release. We have renamed
the former Eggdrop 1.7 development tree to Eggdrop 1.9, which will
become 2.0.0 ( http://www.eggheads.org/news/2004/06/20/30 ). We will
be starting a new development tree, known as 1.7. This is where things
such as IPv6, SSL, and dynamic channel mode support can be added. It
will allow Eggdrop to grow and develop a bit while we're waiting for
2.0, and at the same time, allow us to keep 1.6 stable. I will be
maintaining the 1.7 tree, and Paladin (#eggdrop at Undernet) will become
the new maintainer for 1.6.
Will Buckner (Wcc)
More information about the Eggheads