Eggheads: Eggdrop 1.6.17 Release Candidate 1 Released!
wcc at techmonkeys.org
Mon Aug 2 16:20:29 CST 2004
Eggdrop 1.6.17 Release Candidate 1 has now been released. It can be
downloaded in bzip2 or gzip format from:
Some of the major changes in this release are:
* The compiling errors (and the crash) that were discovered shortly
after 1.6.16 was released is now fixed.
* We now compile (with modules!) on Mac OS X and NeXT Step.
* An improved Compiling Guide / FAQ in doc/COMPILING-FAQ.
* Many improvements to the build/compile process.
* Added a "stripcodes" Tcl command for efficiantly removing control
codes from strings (see doc/tcl-commands.doc).
* Several bugfixes.
* Op (+o) implies halfop (+l) now.
A note about this one:
Due to a bug in versions of Eggdrop prior to this one, these
versions see the +l user flag and the +l bot flag as
one-and-the-same. On botnets with userfile sharing, this can
cause old bots to incorrectly think that every halfop'd bot
is a leaf. If you experiance problems, upgrade your bots to
1.6.17, as this is a bug in 1.6.16 and earlier.
* Added support for Quakenet channel modes.
* Added a set of Finnish language files and a Finnish MOTD.
* Fixed Tcl encoding issues with .tcl and .set.
* Detect Tcl in $HOME/lib and $HOME/tcl/lib first, as to make it easier
to allow users to override the system's Tcl version.
* Bot idx's are now considered valid to the "valididx" Tcl command.
See the UPDATES1.6 file in the doc directory for more information on things
that have changed since Eggdrop 1.6.16.
1.6.17 will be released in basically the same manner as with 1.6.16:
* Release Candidate 1 will be released.
* We will then wait a period from 1 to 2 weeks. If no major bugs are
reported, then rc1 will be released as the final version.
* If a major bug is discovered, it will be fixed, and rc2 will be
released. Then the process will repeat.
Will Buckner (Wcc)
More information about the Eggheads