Eggheads: Daylight savings time?

Mr.Tangent tangent at mrtangent.com
Fri Apr 9 14:42:33 CST 2004

Question:  What considerations should be given to the log file the day
the time changes in the Fall?

I run Eggdrop 1.6.15 that logs files for one channel that I frequent in
channelname.log.20040330 (%Y&m&d regex) format.  Each night at midnight
it starts a new log. Then I run PISG to render the statistics html.

I looked closely at the log this past weekend when we had "Spring
Forward", and as suspected there was simply a one-hour gap in the log
which caused no problem.  However, "Fall Back", when we roll our clocks
back one hour in the Fall, might cause a problem.  The log will
suddenly drop an hour, and conceivably have duplicate 0200-0300
time-stamped entries.  I imagine this might cause havoc for PISG
(pisg.sourceforge.net).  Will this cause problems for PISG and what
steps should I take to remedy this?

Thank you in advance.

-- Mr. Tangent