Eggheads: Problem with DCC CHATting to eggdrop 1.6.15 from same Internet connection

Matthew Williams signup at wilber.pointclark.net
Thu Sep 11 02:39:11 CST 2003

Hello,
I run an eggdrop irc bot version 1.6.15 off my Internet connection and I'm having some trouble with it. I can't DCC CHAT to it at all from an irc client that uses the same Internet connection. It just won't respond at all including no status messages like "I won't accept DCC connections from strangers". If I login to a shell account(that isn't on my Internet connection) and run an IRC client from there I am able to DCC CHAT with my bot that runs off my Internet connection with no problems at all.

I am able to DCC CHAT myself from within my IRC client and it works fine. I am also able to DCC CHAT to other eggdrop irc bots version 1.6.15 that run off other people's Internet connections. I just can't DCC CHAT to an eggdrop irc bot version 1.6.15 when it and myself are on the same Internet connection. How do I fix that?

Regards,
Matthew Williams