Eggheads: Ruby scripting in 1.7

Simon simon at blueshell.dk
Fri Feb 28 18:54:31 CST 2003

Hi fellow eggheads,

I would like to get some response on the interest of Ruby scripting
support in 1.7.
Ruby is an object-oriented scripting language with a growing userbase of
enthusiastic 'rubyists'.

Like with any languages, there are haters and believers. Let me post
some of the comparisons I found objective and useful reading.
http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/RubyVsPython
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/FAQ.html#Ruby
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PythonVsRuby

All in all, I believe they conclude that learning Ruby is somewhat as
great as learning Python, and people should only experiment if they like
to. And the less pessimistic voices of these documents even propose Ruby
might be an easier language to start out with than Python. I'd see
discussions of this kept to a minimum though.

Please express your general opinion on the building of this module (not
necessarily for bundling it with the rest of eggdrop), and if you
consider yourself able to contribute to the making. I had a peek at some
of stdarg's scripting modules, and they're approx. 600-800 lines each.

Best regards,
Simon Shine