Eggheads: Comunication between bot and other software on the server

Gabriele Favrin favrin at libero.it
Thu Aug 21 00:22:44 CST 2003

Good morning.
I run eggdrop bots since some years and recently I've
started learning RCL and writing some little fun/utility
scripts.

My problem is that I didn't find yet a way to communicate to
the bot from the outside and I mean from other software on
the system where the bot runs.

Is there any way or should I use an external file and have
the bot check for its presence every xx minutes from the
bot? I think this is a real ugly solution ;(