Eggheads: Aaaargh

stdarg stdarg at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 11:19:51 CST 2003

--- Paul <PaulE at Blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply - I'll apply that patch for now, but just to
> check, is the correct order of arguments
>
> static int QAUTH_HandleNotices(char * pNick, char * pHost, char * pHand,
> char * pText, char * pDest) ??

Yeah that looks right, it should be just like for tcl procs.

> I was trying to track down the bug in order to confirm it, but I got a
> little confused as to how/where server_5char / server_6char gets called
> - does this come from the Tcl_VarEval call in Trigger_Bind() (which I
> find dubious) or do builtins get intercepted at a higher level I hadnt
> noticed yet?

The confusing bit about the whole process is that, sadly, all binds get
converted into tcl commands and get executed via the tcl interpreter, even when
they start out as C functions. When you add a bind to H_notc, for instance,
eggdrop creates a stub tcl command using server_5char. It saves your function
so that it can call it later. Server_5char then converts the tcl arguments from
the bind into C arguments and calls your function.

So yes, server_5char is called by trigger_bind() via the tcl interpreter.