Eggheads: Aaaargh

Paul PaulE at Blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 09:08:45 CST 2003

I think I have found another eggdrop bug in 1.6.15...

It has to do with the H_notc bind used in a module. The H_notc table is
passed with a checking function that checks for 6 arguments, even though
only 5 are passed, thus whatever number of arguments I use, either

static int QAUTH_HandleNotices(char * pNick, char * pHost, char * pHand,
char * pDest, char * pKey, char * pText)

Or

static int QAUTH_HandleNotices(char * pNick, char * pHost, char * pHand,
char * pDest, char * pText)

I get the following response :

Tcl error [*notc:PM_HQandleNotice]: wrong # args: should be
"*notc:PM_HQandleNotice nick user at host handle desto/chan keyword/nick
text"

Curiously enough, it seems to work in tcl - the function :

proc q:handlenotes {nick idx handle args dest} {
}

Works just fine. Can you advise me on the fix for this? Should I change
it so that the server module now has this?

H_notc = add_bind_table("notc", HT_STACKABLE, server_5char); //
(obviously writing a server_5char) (server.mod\server.c line 11)

Or am I doing something arcanely wrong?

Please help!

Paul.