Channel Records [was: Re: Eggheads: About userinfo.tcl in the next 1.6.14 release]

Daniel Frank eggheads at cosmo-canyon.de
Wed Apr 23 15:50:27 CST 2003

Ronny Vårdal wrote:

> [...]
I wouldn't want to delete the infos regarding last seen or info line
just because someone removed the flags. I have some users in a channel
that want others to be able to see when they were last in a specific
channel. but they don't have flags on the channel simply because they
don't want them. There are users on IRC which have no interest in voice
or op. Linking the flags to the existance of the channel record would
mean that I have to give each of them a channelflag. I could give them
all e.g. the +S flag but it would be an additional flag I would need to
remember.
If you don't like this behaviour it shouldn't be a real problem to
change the chattr command using tcl to remove these "empty" channel
records or run a script once a day which removes alle of these channel
records.
I prefer the current way because it leaves the choice to the owner of
the bot.

Regards,
Daniel Frank