Eggheads: About userinfo.tcl in the next 1.6.14 release

Dariusz Kulinski takeda at eggheads.w.pl
Wed Apr 23 12:02:56 CST 2003

Hello Ronny,

> I feel personally that there should be a 4th command in the script, besides the existing:
> #   msg      <info>         To change your <info> via /MSG.
> #   dcc     .<info>         To change your <info> via DCC.
> #   dcc     .ch<info>       To change someone else's <info> via DCC.

> What I'm missing is a way to clear a field (remove it from the user)..
> Let's just for an example that Per has set .gf Heidi... Then he "suddenly" turns gay, and wants to remove the .gf field all together, and set .bf Harald.
> There is no way you can remove the .gf, other then to set it to "-" or equal..
> I would like it to just vanish from the user in the userfile.

LOL, ok, to remove he need to write .gf none, this shoud do it :)

> Also.. Not regarding to the userinfo.tcl, but when speaking of the userfile.

> If I .chattr someone +o #channel2, then I do .chattr someone -o #channel2, the user whois would say:
> 15:21:02  bot : HANDLE    PASS NOTES FLAGS           LAST
> 15:21:02  bot : someone      yes      0 hp              13:35 (@bot)
> 15:21:02  bot :    #channel2        -               never

> why have the "-" and not just if "-" just remove the line completely?

to add/remove that line use .+chrec/.-chrec commands.
That line have some advantages, when is on, bot also keeps track when
that user list time was on given channel. And you could also use it as
mark that given user is user of that channel.

 Dariusz                            mailto:takeda at eggheads.w.pl
SCSA, SCNA, LPI, CCNA, MCP certified