Eggheads: About userinfo.tcl in the next 1.6.14 release

Ronny Vårdal ting at runbox.no
Wed Apr 23 11:34:37 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Frank" <eggheads at cosmo-canyon.de>
To: "Eggdrop Discussion List" <eggheads at eggheads.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: Eggheads: About userinfo.tcl in the next 1.6.14 release

> Ronny Vårdal wrote:
>
> >Also.. Not regarding to the userinfo.tcl, but when speaking of the
userfile.

> >If I .chattr someone +o #channel2, then I do .chattr someone -o
#channel2, the user whois would say:
> >15:21:02  bot : HANDLE    PASS NOTES FLAGS           LAST
> >15:21:02  bot : someone      yes      0 hp              13:35 (@bot)
> >15:21:02  bot :    #channel2        -               never
> >
> >why have the "-" and not just if "-" just remove the line completely?
> >

> Because there's still info saved in the userfile about the channel: e.g.
> an info-line (can be channel specific) and the "last seen time". If you
> want to remove alls infos about a channel from a user simply use:
> .-chrec someone #channel2
> This removes flags as well as info lines and the last seen entry.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Frank

I do not agree...

I once got a .tcl line on #eggdrop to wipe out every #channel record on
users that had no flags ("-").
Of course if someone doesn't even have globalflags or other channel flags..
then you could remove the user with .-user <user>.
I'm talking about when .chattr -flag = +flag, so that the user stands
without ANY flags for a channel.. why then keep the channel line? Obviously
the user isn't there anymore, or shouldn't be of importance on it.

Med vennlig hilsen / Yours truly

Ronny Vårdal
· ting @ irc · rv10o-norid · http://floppy.no/ ·

"File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/n)"