Eggheads: +a channel vs chanuser modes

Clayton Fiske clay at bloomcounty.org
Tue Apr 8 18:42:22 CST 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 01:22:13AM +0100, ClubCX wrote:
> In my opinion, bots are only for networks that have channel services.  If
> the network doesn't want a hierarchy structure in channels, how can the bot
> help it?

Let's not get into religious wars about appropriate use of bots. Not
all networks support half-op modes, yet I think it's a good thing for
eggdrop to support them. IMHO the same should go for any other modes
which are in regular use on certain networks.

In the absence of native support, maybe use a script to catch modes
and add/subtract a user-defined flag when +a/-a is detected? Not as
good as proper support obviously, but it probably could be made to
work in combination with the appropriate +/-nodesynch setting to keep
the bot from interfering.

-c