Eggheads: Multiple IP's from one machine

Michael michael.lawver at pointoflightproducts.com
Tue Sep 24 00:01:01 CST 2002

Thanks a lot to all of you that responded, I finally got it to work.

Just in case there are others here that need to know how to do this on FreeBSD
here is how it's done.

You can either do it on demand by typing:

# ifconfig xl0 <IP> netmask <netmask> alias

or add the following lines to your rc.conf

ifconfig_xl0_alias0="inet <IP> netmask <netmask>"
ifconfig_xl0_alias1="inet <IP> netmask <netmask>"
ifconfig_xl0_alias2="inet <IP> netmask <netmask>"

etc...

Thanks again for all of your responses, it got me on the track I needed and
was able to determine exactly how it needed to be done.

Michael =o)