Eggheads: Feature requests

Ely Levy elylevy at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Sep 12 12:02:00 CST 2002

we had a very long discussion on it on eggdev you are invited to look at
the archive and see some ideas people made.
ie ssl encrypts but doesn't check you are giving it to the right person.
ideas for hubs to return only ok/nok and not pass passwords at all to
prevent brute force. don't forget that if someone hacked a shell he can
simply kill -HUP the bot and add some nice tcl lines to the config file
which would give him +n and his own passwords.or add some sniffer.
The problem of hacked shell is much bigger than simply sniffing.
so things like encrypted config files or even remote ones.
and so on... recommanded reading;)

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University