Eggheads: Re: Eggheags: Feature requests

Darko Ilic darko at onvol.net
Thu Sep 12 12:01:02 CST 2002

While I generally agree on any improvements for eggdrop, one has to
evaluate all the factors. This isn't really a Nuclear Powerplant that
has to be protected in a variety of possible ways. Eggdrop is IRC robot
and as such is exposed to all sorts of threats, hence do not run it from
the box that holds secure data. If you were actually refering to attacks
from inside (sysadmin, or someone rooted your provider) - simply opt not
to run certain bots from commercial shells. If you have anything to fear
for then those bots shouldn't be there anyway.
Now, if you will excuse me, there is a fly in my coffee, i must dial 911
to send in reinforcements. Or even National Guard.

Heh, joke, but that's the equivalent of the feature you are requesting.
No hard feelings.