Eggheads: Feature requests

Andri Óskarsson andri at scrolls.org
Thu Sep 12 00:13:01 CST 2002

1. Userfile caching option
--
When this is enabled the bot does not save ANY users or password to the userfile even if its set to share flags. Just saves the information in memory and asks the hub bot for user information and verifies if the passwords are correct and simply caches the info. Ofcourse this offers the ability to sniff botnet traffic and get valid passwords. Wait for request feature 2.

2. SSL encrypted sockets.
--
So all botnet connections go through SSL and therefore harder to sniff. I do realize the cpu effect in this but I still find this a good feature.

Bottomline is that I want to be able to put bots on shells i dont trust 100% (which makes all shells except the ones i admin myself). I've been looking at eggdrop 1.7 and it looks really promising, specially the perlscript support, im looking forwards to eggdrop 1.8, keep up the good work.

If this is possible and the dev team is willing to take a look at this then excelent. If it is possible and the dev team is not willing to look into it please tell me how it is possible, what modules must be altared/written and if changes to the core code are needed.

Thanks for your time

regards,
Merlin at IRCnet

ps: dont make fun of my english, im from europe, heh