Eggheads: Not on channel bug?

Tom Laermans tom.laermans at powersource.cx
Mon Sep 9 05:28:00 CST 2002

At 07:54 09/09/2002, you wrote:
>It's a known problem with conference room
>should be in a FAQ somewhere it's a setting in
>conference room config on how to handle who if i recall correct.

Yep, conference room has a setting not to show "/WHO" output if you aren't
opped in the channel, of course breaking the IRC RFC('s) and probably some
clients, including eggdrop. Eggdrop expects to see itself in the /who
output, and it gets an empty reply, so it doesn't find itself in the channel.

Apparently on webnet there are servers which are configured correctly and
servers which are configured not to work in a decent manner. Try jumping
some servers, apparently the servers on win32 are the most "misconfigured"
and the ones on BSD may work.

Tom
SiD3WiNDR @ Undernet / Spidernet

Web: http://www.powersource.cx --- ICQ#: 12120754