Eggheads: .botinfo TCL command??

TheRaven theraven at mindless.com
Tue Feb 9 00:55:35 CST 1999

Just a little further on your request for a "bottree" tcl command.  I'd
also love not only that - but also the .botinfo equivalent.  The important
thing here with multinet TCLs, is to know which subset within the 100 bots
in my botnet should be sent a command via putbot.

And as far as I can tell there are no built in commands that will shout out
the equivalent of .botinfo, and therefore you are required to do one
putallbots, respond to the event with a botnet TCL which sends back the net
it's on, and then wait for all the responses to trickle in.

Now you know which bots are on which nets.

The extra telnet traffic isn't a problem - but it would be so much more
slick to say "Whos alive on Efnet to handle this task" and when the proper
bots respond - you can send them their work to do.

  Raven.