Eggdev: [eggheads-patches] PATCH1.6 uptime client module -- Randomized update interval.

Brian Greenberg grnbrg at grnbrg.org
Mon Nov 16 22:46:24 CST 2009

On Mon Nov 16 22:28:57 CST 2009, guppy at techmonkeys.org wrote:
>> - Send count of packets sent to the uptime server using the currently
>> unused cookie field.
>
>I'm okay with this. Feel free to rename this variable to something more
>appropriate.

upPack.packets_sent ?

Should I resubmit the patch based on any discussion/objections, or
will that be done by whoever commits it to the development
tree?</n00b>

>> - Added code (currently #ifdef'd out) to permit the module to be reloaded.  Note
>>      that the uptime server code will need to be changed to permit this.
>
>I'm currently not against or for this change but for right now, I'd like
>to leave this code as it is.

To be clear, I'm not pushing hard for reloadability, but I thought I'd
offer it for consideration, rather than as a separate patch.  I expect
the public release of the final changes will be one or the other, and
no conditionals.

grnbrg.
--
Brian Greenberg