Eggdev: Neato Stats

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Mon Nov 20 02:47:06 CST 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Will Buckner wrote:
> Tothwolf wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Will Buckner wrote:
>>
>>> I added Eggdrop to this new open-source statistics site just for
>>> kicks... it's pretty cool, check it out :P
>>>
>>> http://www.ohloh.net/projects/3637
>>
>> Its a shame more of the CVS history has been lost (1.3.24i-1.4/1.5) as
>> those would be interesting to see too.
>>
>> I can certainly see myself putting in 2 man-years worth in the current
>> trees too.
>>
>> Btw, I'm looking at merging in some unfinished stuff in 1.7, dunno when
>> I'll get to it, but better late than never.
>>
>> I *so* need a faster computer, as this P166 is a huge bottleneck.
>> Anyone want to help me out w/ some parts for the old Proliant box?
>
> We still have the 1.4 data don't we? Hmm. There's a 1.4 repository...
> and I don't think 1.6 was a fresh import anyway.

Well, about 3-4 times now fresh imports were done, so we lost a lot of
change history. Someone could probably recreate the bulk of it from the
patches archive, but its not worth the trouble right now. Maybe eventually
there will be an automated solution, but I'm not gonna mess with it until
then :)

Btw, I have a complete fix for the warnings related to the long time_t
that was posted on eggheads at . I'm just on a very slow computer (P166) and
haven't finished test compiling it. I'll wrap it up maybe today or early
this week and get it applied to 1.6, then merge a similar patch into 1.7.

Its odd no one reported these before, as I know they had to show up on 64
bit platforms where time_t is long long. The fix I'm using may not be
perfect either, but its what most developers recommend, and it sure beats
having a long long time_t stuffed into a long int.

We really need to look into restructuring this whole mess and making the
types better defined for 64 bit platforms. *Maybe* I'll work on this some
in 1.7, which I guess would allow back-porting some of it into 1.6 as
needed. I did some of this in -alpha, but it was _far_ from complete.

-Toth