Eggdev: Still looking for eggdrop developer?

Darko Ilic darko at onvol.net
Tue May 31 10:18:33 CST 2005

Hello stdarg,

    My mail address must be on your filter list since there has been a
dozen unanswered and critical mails in the last year. I am not going to
yet again repeat myself nor my questions and concerns about where the
code should go from here, but I expect you to finish the parts you
disagreed over and changed, so we can continue contributing healthy code
in healthy manner. Botnet module should, in my opinnion, be worked on
*only* after irc/server stuff has been resolved - which is far from
being the case. On the other hand, Will used the word 'protocol', not
the actual module code, and I liked that. It indeed is the right road to
take - propose a solution, let others comment on it and finaly implement
it in the way that little or no further changes are needed untill some
new aspect shows up. Really new aspect, not overlooked or forgotten one.
    Fixing bugs is one thing and is a part of development, but changing
the design every so often is unacceptable. Unfortunantly, in case of 1.9
i seem to recognize the latter. If you are busy, tired, or simply not in
the mood for coding, let us know the intentions for completion of server
related stuff so we can whip up a few lines. After that has been
resolved, it's probably time to re-talk design strategies.

Darko