Eggdev: eggdrop1.9

Dariusz Kulinski takeda at eggheads.w.pl
Thu Sep 9 19:58:22 CST 2004

Hello,

Eggdrop 1.9 is far from over, and doesn't look that there is many
developers who can contribute to it. For example there is a lot
confusing stuff for small developers (like me :) also there is huge
problem to even compile on every machine (each time I check out the
eggdrop) something was changed so it won't compile anymore.

Eggdrop 1.9 is neat and have a lot good changes and features. But I
think the changes went too far, and if there won't be anything done
I'm afraid that version will end up as eggdrop 2.0.

What I'm suggesting is to maybe starting to make it useable again, so
people like me could contribute and do small fixes. I.e. if I cannot
compile and use bot, I cannot see what was done and what is missing.
I also don't understand some changes, looks like many command have
been removed, for example old .whois command looks like debug output,
instead of old .whois which was pretty good and I don't see reason for
changing it.

Also what do you think about back porting changes from 1.9 to 1.7 (of
course if it's possible)?

 Dariusz                          mailto:takeda at eggheads.w.pl
http://eggdrop.takeda.tk - eggdrop help forum