Eggdev: exempt/invite list behavior

stdarg stdarg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 17:04:28 CST 2004

I've added e/I support to 1.7 based on 005. Instead of a channel_bans command
to get the ban list, now it's channel_mask_list chan type, where type is e, I,
b, or any type A mode (from 005).

The problem is when the bot first joins a channel, and doesn't have ops, it
can't get the e/I list.

1.6 has this problem too. Furthermore, when the bot does get ops, it doesn't
re-request the e/I list. If you do .dump mode #chan eI, then it fills them in
correctly. (.reset doesn't work because of what may be a logic error - the
ASKED_EXEMPTS/INVITES flag isn't reset, so it doesn't re-ask. This behavior
occurs on efnet, where requesting the exempt list without ops results in an
error code, and not an end-of-exempt-list code, so the flag is not reset. I'm
not sure how it is on other networks.)

Do you guys think code should be added to automatically refresh those lists
when the bot gets ops? The problem with this is it may be that some networks
let you see the e/I list with halfops, or some may let you see it with no ops
so it would be a waste. The two most obvious solutions are to add config vars,
and to let another script/module handle it.

Any thoughts?