Eggdev: Recommendation for New Feature (Botnet Server Intelligence)

Steve Tauber taubers at seattleu.edu
Wed Feb 11 19:53:33 CST 2004

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to send this, but anyways.  I
think it would be a good idea to add a flag so that you can force bots on a
botnet to autojump to new servers so that there are not two bots on the same
server until the entire server list has been exhausted.  For instance,

3 bots: BotA, BotB, BotC
3 servers: irc.1.net; irc.2.net; irc.3.net

If BotA and BotB were both on irc.1.net and BotC was on irc.2.net, BotB
would automagically jump to irc3.net.
Now if we take away irc.3.net (by removing it from the server list, or
possibly because of a netsplit) then BotB would not be required to jump to
irc.2.net.

This is just an idea I had because I had bots jumping onto the same server
constantly during splits.  I have a shortened server list because I do not
use Identd; therefore, they have a higher chance than normal of connecting
to the same server.

Thanks a bunch,

-- Steve Tauber