channel services module (was: Eggdev: 1.9 status)

Chris Northwood chris at animebots.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 14:22:18 CST 2004

Hi,

|-----Original Message-----

In my opinion, I would use the server module to keep track of those
sorts of things. If the server module supports the ability to
dynamically hold channel settings (like the setudef command in Tcl
currently) then the services module could use this to hold its
settings, but Tcl coders (say if someone wanted to code a replacement
to the channel services module, but wanted to store channel settings,way
they wouldn't need to load the services module, which they are
intending to replace anyway.

Plus, I think that the +inactive channel mode should be within the realms
of the server module, as opposed to the channel module.

Just my 2 pence :)

Chris Northwood.