Eggdev: Re: [cvslog] (2002-12-26 02:22:04 UTC) Module eggdrop1.6: Change committed

Will Buckner (Wcc) wcc at techmonkeys.org
Thu Dec 26 01:21:58 CST 2002

> On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, cvslog wrote:
>
> > CVSROOT    : /usr/local/cvsroot
> > Module     : eggdrop1.6
> > Commit time: 2002-12-26 02:22:04 UTC
> > Commited by: Will Buckner <wcc at techmonkeys.org>
> >
> > Removed quoting support from wild_match() which fixes several bugs with
> > '\' characters.
>
> Is this safe to do? Won't this affect binds and Tcl related things? Why
> not fix the problems with '\' instead?
Binds and everything that would be affected use wild_match_per() now (well,
binds already did). There weren't really problems with '\' as far as I know.
Escape support is not appropriate in certian types of matching, and
(conviently) everything that needs escape support can use wild_match_per()
without problems. The only other solution I felt would be appropriate would
be adding yet another match function that did not support quoting, but after
reviewing the code I can see it would be pretty much pointless.

> -Toth
Wcc