Eggdev: Re: [eggheads-patches] PATCH1.6:wildmatch.patch

Will Buckner (Wcc) wcc at techmonkeys.org
Sun Dec 1 21:24:06 CST 2002

> Hi,
>
> this should fix bug 287 found by bryandrewery at hotmail.com (bryan
> drewery). The patch added a check in wildmatch m[-1] == 0x5C,
> i.e. the
> char '\' != QUOTE. I hope this patch does not create new bugs;-)

I've thought about this a bit, and I think the best way to solve these bugs
is to basically make a copy of the match function, but make the new function
not support escapes at all. There are several places in the code that it is
not needed, and I think we should use two separate functions for this. I.e.
wild_match_noescape().

> Greeting Eule

Wcc