Eggdev: nick-len var (Was: Re: Eggheads: Long nicknames in 1.4. 2 ?)

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Wed Mar 3 00:31:19 CST 1999

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Per Johansson wrote:

> On  3 Mar, Ben Dover wrote:
> > Then it is dead.
>
> thats your opinion

I have to agree too...When we quit fixing things that cause the users
problems, the code is dead.

> others opinions could be
> wow finally they stoped adding bugs and fix them instead
> providing us with a stable and secure bot

Eggdrop has been fairly stable ever since I found the sharebug. No code
will *ever* be bug free or 100% stable, and it's an unrealistic goal.

> team and if i want new features i either
> 1) run 1.5 on one/couple of bots
> 2) patch 1.4 with the thing i want and realising it could add bugs
> but atleast its stable/secure to build on.

Funny that the same excuse I see over and over is that fixing this issue
would cause bugs....Well, damn, if there were bugs with it, they would
have shown up in 1.5 by now...nick-len has been in the tree for quite some
time now. It's no big deal to remove a patch from cvs either if it's found
to have bugs.

Eggdrop 1.4 is dead and 1.5 is too unstable for the average user to
use...gosh...this sure looks like the 1.1.5 -> 1.3 all over again.

-Toth