[cvslog] [CVS] Module eggdrop1.8: Change committed
cvs at eggheads.org
cvs at eggheads.org
Tue Jan 19 16:02:57 CST 2010
CVSROOT : /usr/local/cvsroot
Module : eggdrop1.8
Commit time: 2010-01-19 22:02:57 UTC
Committer : Jonathan Rudolph <simple at eggheads.org>
Updated version info
---------------------- diff included ----------------------
diff -u eggdrop1.8/README:220.127.116.11 eggdrop1.8/README:1.2
--- eggdrop1.8/README:18.104.22.168 Tue Jan 19 15:28:48 2010
+++ eggdrop1.8/README Tue Jan 19 16:02:47 2010
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-$Id: README,v 22.214.171.124 2010/01/19 21:28:48 simple Exp $
+$Id: README,v 1.2 2010/01/19 22:02:47 simple Exp $
Last revised: June 5, 2002
@@ -18,8 +18,8 @@
2a. How to get the latest version of Eggdrop via CVS
3. Quick startup
- 4a. Upgrading from a pre-1.3 version to 1.6
- 4b. Upgrading from an older 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 version to a newer one
+ 4a. Upgrading from a pre-1.3 version to 1.8
+ 4b. Upgrading from an older 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.8 version to a newer one
5. Command line
6. Frequently Asked Questions
6a. What do I do if I get the error "User file not found"?
@@ -92,7 +92,7 @@
Eggdrop is always being improved and adjusted because there are bugs to
be fixed and features to be added (if the users demand them, and they make
actually sense). In fact, it existed for several years as v0.7 - v0.9
- before finally going 1.0. This version of Eggdrop is part of the 1.6 tree.
+ before finally going 1.0. This version of Eggdrop is part of the 1.8 tree.
A valiant effort has been made to chase down and destroy bugs.
This README file contains information about how to get Eggdrop, command
@@ -117,7 +117,7 @@
on Slackware 3.0 is goofed up and you'll have to re-install it for yourself
to get it working.
- Currently, the 1.6 tree of Eggdrop is developed at eggheads.org. You can
+ Currently, the 1.8 tree of Eggdrop is developed at eggheads.org. You can
get the latest version of Eggdrop from the following url:
@@ -149,9 +149,9 @@
4. Press <enter> when prompted for a password.
- 5. In your home dir, type 'cvs checkout eggdrop1.6'
+ 5. In your home dir, type 'cvs checkout eggdrop1.8'
- 6. In ~/eggdrop1.6, you should have a copy of the latest CVS version
+ 6. In ~/eggdrop1.8, you should have a copy of the latest CVS version
@@ -160,7 +160,7 @@
o You don't need to go through this whole process every time. If you
want to get a CVS version of Eggdrop at a later time, you can just
- 'cd ~/eggdrop1.6' and type 'cvs update -CdAP'.
+ 'cd ~/eggdrop1.8' and type 'cvs update -CdAP'.
o If you experience errors when using 'export', you might be using tclsh
as a shell. If so, try using the command 'setenv' instead of 'export':
@@ -176,7 +176,7 @@
- (4a) UPGRADING FROM A PRE-1.3 VERSION TO 1.6
+ (4a) UPGRADING FROM A PRE-1.3 VERSION TO 1.8
#### BACK UP YOUR USERFILE ####
@@ -185,31 +185,31 @@
your userfile, or you will lose it. v1.3 of Eggdrop radically changed a
lot of things.
- There are many major changes between v0.9, v1.0, v1.1 and v1.6, so PAY
- ATTENTION to this part if you have a v0.9, 1.0 or 1.1 bot currently. If
- you're just starting out, you can skip this section.
+ There are many major changes between v0.9, v1.0, v1.1, v1.6, and 1.8 so
+ PAY ATTENTION to this part if you have a v0.9, 1.0 or 1.1 bot currently.
+ If you're just starting out, you can skip this section.
If you run share bots, you will need to upgrade them all at the same time
because of the new userfile format. Older bots will be able to link in,
but will not get or send a userfile. MAKE A NEW CONFIG FILE from the
example; there are some radical changes.
- If you are upgrading from 0.9/1.0 to 1.6, just redo the whole thing.
+ If you are upgrading from 0.9/1.0 to 1.8, just redo the whole thing.
Absolutely everything has changed, including the userfile and config file
- If you are upgrading from 1.1/1.2 to 1.6, you will likely want to redo
+ If you are upgrading from 1.1/1.2 to 1.8, you will likely want to redo
the config file, as much as changed. BACK UP! You will need to run 'tclsh
scripts/weed/<userfile> c' to convert your userfile from v3 (1.1/1.2) to
- v4 (1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6).
+ v4 (1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.8).
- (4b) UPGRADING FROM AN OLDER 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 VERSION TO A NEWER 1.6 VERSION
+ (4b) UPGRADING FROM AN OLDER 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.8 VERSION TO A NEWER 1.8 VERSION
If you followed the 'INSTALL' file and did a 'make install' (or 'make
install DEST="path"') after 'make', this will be pretty easy. Just upload
- the new eggdrop1.6.x.tar.gz file to your home dir on your shell, gunzip
- and untar it, and type 'cd ~/eggdrop1.6.x'. Next, type './configure',
+ the new eggdrop1.8.x.tar.gz file to your home dir on your shell, gunzip
+ and untar it, and type 'cd ~/eggdrop1.8.x'. Next, type './configure',
'make config' or 'make iconfig', then 'make'. Then, kill the bot ('.die'
on the party line), and 'make install' to the same directory your bot
is currently in. After that, you can just restart your bot. You may wish
@@ -217,7 +217,7 @@
you have limited disk space.
You should read through the new eggdrop.conf file for all of the new
- options in Eggdrop 1.6.x if you are upgrading from 1.3.x or 1.4.x. You
+ options in Eggdrop 1.8.x if you are upgrading from 1.3.x or 1.4.x. You
can copy and paste any of these settings into you current conf file if
you do not want to use the default settings.
----------------------- End of diff -----------------------
More information about the Changes